Monday, June 16, 2008

Slugger Joe

Slugger Joe
Slugger Joe

I did a lot of portrait work this weekend and I learned a lot from it (photographers are constantly leaning.) Many of the portraits that I took in the past were with a 50mm lens and I felt that it was the perfect lens for the job. Everything I had read told me that a zoom lens of 70 to 200mm should be used instead of a 50mm, and this weekend I found out exactly why. One of the portraits I attempted was with a woman with a more prominent nose and it made her face look out of proportion. Switching to the zoom lens fixed the elongation and made a big difference in the nose and facial features. The portrait above was taken with the zoom lens and I really liked the result.

Nikon D80
Lens: 70-210mm F/4-5.6
Focal Length: 135mm
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/100 sec - F/6.3
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful mug!!! This Baby has great genes and the stare of Tyrus Raymond Cobb- determinate and cunning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.