Thursday, January 31, 2008

Light Fixture


Light Fixture

I decided to scan this photo and publish for today's blog entry. One of the rules of photography is to know the rules of photography and then break them. One of my rules for the blog is to post a photo taken within a week, but I violated that rule since this shot was taken in 1993 with my Nikon 5005 camera. I could have used a bit more blurring of the background, but this was in the film days when you took a shot and waited a couple weeks for the film to get developed. I think this photo violates just about a million photography rules, but for some reason I really enjoy it. I like the business of the street, and the way the cars are blurred just a bit from going by. I like the way the light pole divides the shot with the symmetry of the men working on either side of the pole. Toronto is an amazing city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.