Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Toronto Alternative

What do you do when your goal was to go to Toronto and take amazing photos of a beautiful city, but it was too cold windy and late to make the truck down town? You order a caramel Macchiato at Starbucks and take some photos of light fixtures. I've been admiring these light fixtures for quite some time and they appear in just about every Starbucks I have been in. The company that manufactures these things must be making a fortune!

One of these days I will return to the great city of Toronto for a photo taking extravaganza (but maybe when it's a lot warmer.) I took one of my best photographs in Toronto about 14 years ago. Two construction workers were fixing a light post. The framing of the workers, the buzzing traffic, the people walking by, and the colors all made the shot perfect. I took it with my Nikon 5005 film camera about 14 years ago and was the shot that made me really love photography. Until next time Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.