Saturday, January 1, 2011

365 Project 1-1-11


Today I begin a 365 project.  A new photo posted every day in order to help improve my photography.  Sometimes it will be a camera phone picture, and other times it will be taken with my wedding camera.  This journey of photography never ends and there are always things to learn, and this project is my next step to adding value to myself, my art, my clients, and my life.  Join me on this adventure and feel free to leave a comment, I could use your encouragement on this journey.  If you have a 365 project please let me know and I'll be sure to follow and offer encouragement to you as well.   

Today's image begins with a macro shot.  Notice that it looks blurry on the sides but it's clear in the middle.  I had heard about a technique for taking a macro shot with a 50mm lens and wanted to give it a try.  The idea is that you take the lens off the camera and flip it around on order to change the focal distance of the lens.  Give it a try.

Photo Name: Day 1 of 365 January 1, 2011
Lens: 50mm mounted in reverse
Aperture: F1.8
Shutter Speed: 1/400s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.