Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Moment in your life

If you could take ONE picture to remember a moment in your life, what would it be?

What if you could capture a single moment in your life and tell the story with a photograph? There are so many moments in my life to remember including the birth of my children, the first day I met my dog, walking into my first home with my wife, receiving my high school class ring at Christmas, the list is quite endless.

The endlessness stopped on one moment for me that I don't have a photograph of, and it's one I wish I had. It's a photograph of a waiter dressed in black polyester pants, a stained white shirt, and a horrible bow tie. That waiter is talking to the most beautiful woman who is sitting in a restaurant booth. They are smiling at each other. I can see the jukebox on the wall that won't accept any quarters. I can see the cup of coffee with the steam rising above it. I can see the tan wall paper and the paper napkins. I can see a genuine smile on the faces of the couple as they make small talk, the kind of smiles that tell the whole story. This photograph would represent the first day of a very significant chapter of my life. It's the day I met my love. It's the day I met my bride. It's the day I met my wife.

Happy birthday sweetheart.

HBTJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.