Friday, May 22, 2009

iPhone Photo Friday

If you have followed my blog for a while you will know that I always carry my camera with me. I am an observer of the world around me and I see images that need to be captured all of the time. Somethings I don't bring the camera because it's a quick jaunt and I know that there won't be any shots (and I'm usually wrong, there is almost always a shot I missed.) Sometimes the best camera you have with you is the only camera you have, and this brings me to my iPhone. When all else fails I pull out this 2 megapixel gem and I get the shot. It's not always the best shot, but it captures the moment or tells the story that I was trying to tell at the time.

This brings me to this week's iPhone Photo Friday in which I am posting a photo from one of those occasions this week where I knew the camera would not be necessary. Boy was I wrong. As I drove down this tree covered dirt road I could not help but visualize an image of the car driving down this road with the trees blanketing the sky, wheels and car hugging the road, and the motion blur of the dirt beneath. I risked the health of said iPhone and held it outside the car with no safety strap (I know, not very smart of me,) and I got the shot. Not only did I get the shot, but the sun was setting and the image was much warmer than I anticipated. That golden hue on the trees and the road is not photoshopped so I was very pleased with the result.


Drive By Shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.