Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's alright to cry

Girls Softball

I've seen the movie A League of Their Own about 100 times. It's one of those movies that captures my attention if channel surfing and find myself watching it till the end. One of the lines in the movie delivered eloquently by Tom Hanks has become part of my vocabulary "there's no crying in baseball?!?!" No one can deliver that line better than Tom, so why did I think I could do it? I couldn't help saying those words when a young athlete struck out today and cried. I had my long lens on the camera and was quite a long way from the girl (she didn't hear me), but I felt so bad saying it. One of the parents looked at me and said "I was going to say it, but I stopped myself." I know it was on other guys minds and I wasn't alone. I learned a valuable lesson today.

Today I learned that It's alright to cry in softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.