Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Year of Pictures

I began this blog a year ago in an attempt to keep myself shooting and to continually improve my photographic skills. The year was filled with great images, many of which I have shared with you and many many others I have not. I began the year photo walking the streets of New Orleans taking shots like this one.


Crawdad

From New Orleans I began carrying my camera with me everywhere and snapping pictures of things that I had been seeing all of my life. I really found my niche photographing people and telling their stories through a series of photographs. This passion led me to starting my photography business later in the year and it has been a whole lot of fun.
Fall Color Portraits
I was able to capture the stories of several families and meet some incredible people along the way.
Water Fall Portrait

I had the great pleasure to photograph two weddings this year and I really enjoyed it. I have more weddings on the booked this year and can't wait to work with those brides and grooms. Shooting a wedding is an amazing challenge, but the best part is meeting the people and capturing the moments that unfold.

Wedding suprise

I was given the amazing opportunity this year to follow freshman quarterback Sean Charette on the football field for each home game. This talented young man took the team all the way to Ford Field for the state finals. Shooting on Ford Field was the highlight of my photographic journey last year and one I will never forget.

Lake Orion Vs Rockford State Championship

I'm excited for the year ahead and can't wait to see what photos come from my camera. I will continue to carry my camera with me everywhere, and the rules of my blog still stand. Post a new picture every day. The picture that was taken must have been taken within a week of the post. Thanks for following me on my photographic journey. I look forward to another year of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.