Sunday, March 16, 2008

Disk Music Box


Disk Music Box, originally uploaded by edwardjohnphotography.

Frankenmuth Michigan is a German town with lots of character. This disk music box was located in Bronners Christmas Store in Frankenmuth Michigan. I know spring time is not the time to think about Christmas, but this store is open year round and we were in the area. I saw many things to talk photos of, but this disk player caught my eye and was easily the best photo I took that tday. I loved the richness of the copper color and how shiny the disk was.

Lens: Nikkor 50mm
ISO: 200
Aperture: F/1.8
Shutter: 1/50s

1 comment:

  1. What I like about photo's like this one is the croping and the texture. I love photographs that transcend their space and time. Untill you tell me its from Bronners I have only my imagination to locate this familiar item. I love the textures that are focused on. Textures are big for me cause it's how we feel the world around us and a good photo like this one will help us to feel the impossible, to feel from memory, smell, touch, tatse, etc. Its that trandscendents that brings me into the photo. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.