Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Always carry your camera

Rainy Dawn

One of the first things I learned about photography was to always carry your camera. Today I was rewarded with this shoot at the Warren Community center in Warren Michigan. This massive sculpture bears the signature of David Barr and it is called Dawn. Without knowing it, I have already seen David's striking work in many locations including Hart Plaza in Detroit and the Flint Bishop Airport. This sculpture caught my attention right away and forced me to end my phone call to take the shots. The rain was heavy at times and I didn't expect to have a photo opportunity. This shot was taken with my 18 to 55mm Nikkor Lense at 23mm. The ISO was 100 at f4 with 1/800 exposure time since I was looking directly into the clouds.

1 comment:

  1. Composed nicely with a distinct eye for negative space. Keep up the good work. Overcast days are gold to a photographer.

    Ricky

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.