Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hand Holding Technique

Hand Holding Flash

Day 5 of 365
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/3.2
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 640
Flash camera right 1/64 power

I chose to try a hand holding technique that I learned from a book. It's a method of having off camera flash while hand holding. My right hand holds the camera and presses the trigger while my left hand holds the flash. The thing that makes this technique interesting is that my left arm is wrapped under the camera to give the camera stability. I looked a little like a pretzel when taking the picture, but I think the off camera results are worth it. So if you see me at a wedding wrapping my arms around myself you will know why.

1 comment:

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.