Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lonely Road

Lonely Road

Discovering your passion can be lonely road. A challenging exercise of trial and error. It comes from exposing yourself to new things and new ideas. Try, try, try again. Try until that passion presents itself to you. Sometimes that passion is inside of you the whole time yet the blinders are on and those passionate feelings sit dormant.

Discovering your passion can be a lonely road. Others can guide you to new experiences and situations, but no-one can discover it for you. The feeling of passion wants to be discovered, and once it has the world opens up, the clouds part, and all becomes as clear as a cloudless night sky. You clearly know what it is you were meant to do and what it takes to get there. Outside observers notice when you have found it by the twinkle in your eye and the drive and determination of your every being. Your body language and your presence will show the passion that you have. I get excited when I meet someone passionate about their work or passionate about something. It pains me to see passions unrealized. I want everyone to experience such a blissful aspect of self awareness.

When I hold the camera in my hands, I am aware. I know what I am meant to do. I am blissful. I am happy, and I've found my passion. The discovery of your passion doesn't need to be a lonely road, it can be an exciting time of trial and error. We all want to see each other find their true passion. I'm rooting for you to find yours. So I ask you, what is your passion?

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! This post has all of the elements that I am affirming in myself everyday. Well stated brother! Thank you for letting me know we are on the exact same page in this moment!

    Much Love!!!
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Passion is a lonely road, but is one of the most fulfilling things in the world. I've always said that when you can stand in a room with no one around you and still feel perfectly content, then you are happy with yourself and who you are. Passion does that to people, I think. It gives them a way to connect to their environment without the need for physical interaction allowing us to be happy with who we are.

    Passion is one of the most integral parts of a persons being, but also one of the most feared by others since it's such a personal and exclusive path. Especially to those that don't understand it.

    Great post, Ed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.