Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Game 5 Whalers Vs. Spitfires

Wow, what an awesome game to photograph. Photographing hockey is like no other sport I have photographed before. I was amazed at how fast the sport was and how difficult it is to get the shot. Learning to follow the puck and anticipating where the puck will be was a challenge and it took until the third period for me to begin to feel comfortable anticipating the shots.

Here's one of my first shots through the glass. This is Vern Cooper, a first round draft pick in 2006.

Whalers vs Spitfires

Penalties are never taken without an argument

Whalers vs Spitfires

As the game drew on I began to anticipate more.

Whalers vs Spitfires

The determination on the players faces during a fight is great to capture.
Whalers vs Spitfires

Whalers vs Spitfires

Whalers vs Spitfires

During the third period I chose to stand next to Josh Unice, the other goalie from the Windsor spitfires. He was really into the game and I could tell that he just wanted to be in there facing the puck.

Whalers vs Spitfires

Special thanks to the staff at the Whalers for allowing me to photograph this amazing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.