Sunday, April 12, 2009

Capturing the moment

Easter Time = Pastel Time

Capturing the moment

There is a moment. A moment that happens so quickly. That moment longs, no; NEEDS to be captured. Capturing that moment on camera is like nothing in this world, and as a wedding photographer I see moments everywhere around me. You'll know when I caught the moment, because I'll give a smile or shout "yea!" I had many of those moments during Tom and Jessica's photo session in which I saw the image unfold before me and just captured it. It's during these times that a photographer doesn't need to think about what settings to use, he doesn't need to worry if the camera is set right, it just happens. The adjustment is made quickly without worry and the moment is captured. In order for this to happen the camera needs to be a natural part of the photographer.

The image above is the foundation of being able to capture those moments. I know it has nothing to do with brides, weddings, or engagements, but it has a lot to do with capturing that split second in time that will never happen again. It's about bringing my camera into a Meijer store with me and ignoring the looks people gave. It's about knowing my camera, my gear, the light around me, and how to capture what I see. I knew that a moment like this would present itself to me and I needed to be able to react and capture it without thinking. It's because the camera is with me everywhere that it has become a natural part of me.

I am a wedding photographer and I capture moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.