Friday, March 13, 2009

Today, I cried

I Cried Today

What's left of this building still houses many memories for me. Even though most of the structure is gone and many of the seats that I sat in can only be imagined, I still love seeing this building. I remember sitting in left field during the last game of the 1984 world series against the San Diego Padres. I remember seeing the sod fly up into the upper balcony from the joyous fans on the ground. I remember seeing the University of Michigan Marching band fear for their lives as they sat protected in their bus from the flying beer bottles and screaming fans. I remember walking on the catwalks to get to my seat. I remember being a bleacher creature. I remember my grandfather knew every single seat in this stadium and I was in awe of that fact. I remember this amazing place and when it was in all of it's glory. Today I cried for this stadium and the memories it holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.