Sunday, December 28, 2008

Painting with Light

Ghost Drive Away

This evening I was experimenting with long exposure times. I call this "painting with light" because you really have a lot of control over what comes into the sensor when it's dark out. I picked a dark culdisac and set up the camera on a tripod right behind my car. I set the timer for 20 seconds in order to give myself time to get in the car and put it into gear. The exposure time was about 20 seconds at F/9. I then got in my car and drove away (swirving back and forth.) Oh, I had to be careful not to run over the camera on my return trip back to view the results. I like how the light polution in the sky begins to show up as a hint of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.