Monday, March 3, 2008

Zig Ziglar and the Golden Tower

The New Center Area of Detroit is home to The Fisher building, the Fischer theater, and the formal home of General Motors. I took this shot through the window of my car while waiting at the stop light. Carrying my camera with me at all times is really an advantage when my eye sees such a well framed shot.

Carrying the camera with me everywhere is really helping me to become comfortable behind the lens and to really improve my craft. In order to get better, you need to keep working at it. Tonight I was listening to Zig Ziglar on the Inspiring Words of Encouragement podcast, and he said something that relates to this very topic. "You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great." Thanks Zig for making my evening.

3 comments:

  1. This picture is a kind reminder of Detroit's rich history and culture. I grew up not far from there. I always marveled at the beauty of the golden tower...I went to my first stage play at the Fisher Theater.

    Well done, you captured the essence of building.
    Ed's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is a kind reminder of Detroit's rich history and culture. I grew up not far from there. I always marveled at the beauty of the golden tower...I went to my first stage play at the Fisher Theater.

    Well done, you captured the essence of building.
    Ed's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.