Friday, January 11, 2008

Fido Rolltide


Fido Rolltide

This picture qualifies for my blog because it was taken exactly one week ago. I stopped in front of a ranch where the gate entrance said ROLL TIDE in big white letters. The words Roll Tide were everywhere near Tuscaloosa Alabama where this was taken. The shot just wasn’t right because the sunlight was shining at me diminishing the colors. As I was packing my camera back in the trunk of the car, I noticed Fido here staring at me. Could be Fido, Sluggo, Butch, or Dave; I really don’t know the dog’s name. This guard dog was minding his own business when I took this photo. I approached a bit closer to get a different angle and that is when he started barking at me. Good thing that chain is so thick. The lesson I learned on this shoot was that the shot you are trying to get is not always the one that presents itself. I am learning to be a keen observer of the environment. There is always a noteworthy photo to be taken; you just need to keep your eyes open.

Lens: Quantaray 70-210mm set at 140mm
Aperture: F5
Shutter Speed: 1/1000
ISO: 400 (Way too high for the amount of light, but oh well)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.