Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quarterback Release

QB Release

One of my favorite shots from the football game last friday against Hudsonville.

You may ask, "why does a wedding photographer photograph sporting events?" What could a football game possibly have that relates to weddings? The truth is, I find football games just as challenging as weddings to photograph. They both require an equal amount of attention, and they both give the opportunity to tell a story with pictures. I think the greatest part of shooting football games is that it gets me to think creatively. Some sports shoots will point the camera at the field and that's it, but there is so much more to the story than just what's between the hash marks. There are fans, players on the sideline that will never play but continue to root on their team, cheerleaders, huddles on the sidelines, player's expressions, helmets, footballs, the list is literally infinite. All of which help me to break out of my shell and to keep my creativity flowing.

If you would like to view the story that I have told with this football game, feel free to check out all of the photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please allow some time for the comment to be posted.